Mattresses on the spring block are still highly sought after and are a comfortable option for a full rest. Knowing what the spring mattress consists of, you can reduce the risk of error when choosing a suitable model and buy a sleeping property that corresponds to all wishes to the smallest detail.
Millions of people around the world buy spring mattresses. Some may think that their design is simple and cheap, but it includes many elements that many experts are working on. If you understand how the spring mattress is arranged, you can understand that the comfort in it is responsible not only for the block but also for all the other elements – from the frame and layer to the case’s material.
The design of the spring mattress
Mattresses of this type usually consist of the following elements:
- The cover of the mattress. It is made of soft but durable and durable materials. It can be solid or removable.
- Sides. The entire perimeter of the mattress is a fortification of dense foam. This creates a kind of box that allows you to withstand the load if someone sits on the edge of the mattress and prevents dips and bends.
- A block of springs. The basis of this type of mattress. Located in the middle of the structure under layers of fillers and foam sidewalls.
- Fillers. Synthetic and natural materials that regulate the comfort level and the degree of rigidity of mattresses. Depending on the model, one filler or several layers of different can be used.
Types of spring blocks
The first spring blocks began to develop in the late 19th century. However, to date, all two key types of similar designs have been created.
The dependent spring block, also known as the “Bonnel,” was developed in 1883. It consists of biconous elements of 4 or 5 turns, connected – that is why when compressing one spring, it attracts neighboring.
The advantages of such systems include a low price and a sufficient level of comfort at low loads. However, it is not recommended for more intensive and constant operation: excessive pressure can cause harm to the spine sagging “hammock effect,” and rapid failure of the unit.
Independent spring block
This system got this name because of the special location of the springs. Each element is placed in a separate case, and the design is fastened exactly cases, not springs, and only in a certain part. Thanks to this, they all work autonomously, which provides comfortable support, a pronounced anatomical and orthopedic effect, and a long, minimum 10 years, life.
A mattress with such a block may have some orthopedic properties – it depends on the shape, diameter, and number of springs. In addition, there are different types of independent systems, so you can choose a model that provides the most comfortable sleep and solve certain problems with the spine.
As a rule, a mattress with independent springs has a higher cost. This is due to the specifics of the technologies and materials used. However, convenience, full rest, and health, which they provide, are worth similar costs.
Spring mattress fillers
For the correct position of the body and comfort of spring, mattresses are responsible not only for blocks but also fillers. Moreover, they regulate the rigidity of sleeping accessories in a larger or smaller way, provide an additional level of support and even a balanced microclimate. Today, in the stores of Moscow in mattresses can be used layers of materials of the following types:
- Natural. The rigidity in this group provides coconut coir, softness, and elasticity – natural latex. Some models may also use sisal, horsehair, or natural wool for a warming or wellness effect.
- Synthetic. This includes Hollon, hollofaiber, PPU, and orthopedic foams, including with memory effect. From foamed innovative materials consists of a layer in more expensive mattresses, for budget models are used the first two fillers made of polyester fibers. They are also used for the inner lining of cases to make them denser and more comfortable.
- Combined. These include bicocos, artificial latex, stuttofaiber and periotec. All of them consist of artificial and natural fibers, which provide special durability.
Several types of fillers can be used to layer mattresses at the same time. Also, manufacturers often offer two-way models, where the sides have different layers with different properties.
The outer cover of the spring mattress ensures the safety of the design and filler and is responsible for the product’s aesthetic appeal. The most popular types of fabrics were:
- natural cotton – hypoallergenic, breathable, with a pleasant texture, used more often for children’s mattresses;
- Polycotton – a combined fabric of polyester and cotton, strong, durable, easy to wear;
- Jacquard – a dense material with a tapestry-like pattern, durable, does not deform over time;
- knitwear – pleasant to the touch, moderately elastic textile cloth;
- Velour is a fabric with a velvety texture, more often used inexpensive products;
- Satin with viscose is a particularly durable and breathable silky material, mainly for elite models of mattresses.
Once you understand the device of the spring mattress, it will become obvious to you the price of sleeping accessories. This skill and knowledge will help you choose a model based on the features of all its elements. When buying, you can always clarify the product’s composition from the seller: to certified products necessarily attached documents with a detailed description.