We have been concerned about a criterion such as average water consumption per wash. We have to think about that because right now we leave most of our clothes automatically, spending hundreds of litres of water a month. It is estimated that a washing machine consumes on average up to 1/4 of all water consumed by a family of three. In this regard, it is important to think about how to save water during washing and possibly to choose an economic model of the washing machine.
What determines the volume of water consumption in the machine?
Automatic washing machines are valuable because they save time and effort for the housewife by washing, rinsing and squeezing large quantities of laundry without her participation. These free hours can be spent on activities with a child or your loved one, but the joy disappears somewhat when utility bills arrive at the end of the month. Savings forces are turning into additional financial expenses.
It is important to understand that any automatic washing machine consumes a fair amount of water and is difficult to fix. But in some cases, for some reason, the machine spends a lot of water, which adds to the family budget. This determines the volume of water consumed by the washing machine, understand.
- From the model of a washing machine. The new models of washing machines include water-saving programs and developments. When buying a new machine, pay attention to these nuances.
- To load the laundry. Here we think of two elements at once: the maximum possible load of linen in the drum and the washing mode. If you wash the maximum amount of laundry each time, the average water consumption will be lower (except for the most modern washing machines) than if you wash more often, but gradually.
- The presence or absence of a malfunction. A malfunction of the washing machine or a poor connection can increase water consumption. For example, if the intake valve breaks down, the machine will constantly pump water into the tank, even when it is turned off.
- Washing programs that can be selected by the user. For each wash program, the manufacturer has defined its own algorithm, including the amount of water injected into the tank. If you choose “water-intensive” washing programs all the time, your average water consumption will increase.
- From the needs of users to the quality of washing and rinsing. Some housewives, often taking things in the drum, are unhappy because the machine has stretched or rinsed them. This may have been due to a poorly chosen washing program or persistent stains that the hostess had not yet washed manually. There are several reasons. One result you need to remodel or rinse again – it means spending more water.
Important! Usually, the faster the program completes the wash program, the more economical it is from a water consumption point of view. From this position, the “quick wash” program or its analogues is considered the most economical.
The average water consumption of the washing machine is usually indicated by the manufacturer in the product’s passport. If you compare several models of cars from different manufacturers, it turns out that these indicators are different for everyone, but you can still calculate the average value. The specialists, after studying several dozen models of washing machines, concluded that the minimum volume of water spent on a wash was 38 litres and that the maximum volume was about 80 litres.
We do simple calculations and conclude that the average volume consumed by washing water in a vending machine is about 59 litres. It is clear that if your machine spends much more than this value, you are doing something wrong, or you are experiencing a malfunction. In all cases, special attention should be paid.
Which cars are the most economical?
We will now provide information to those who will buy a new washing machine. Let’s talk about the most economical modern “washing machines,” their models and their manufacturers. We present to you an overview of the most economical washing machine models available to date. This review was carried out using information gathered by sales and repair specialists for washing machines.
Bosch WLG20265OE. A good reliable model of the automatic washing machine appeared thanks to advanced German technologies. A rather ascetic design and a simple control panel allude to the low price of this equipment. However, the technology used in this machine by German engineers can really save water.
- First of all, The average water consumption of this machine is about 40 litres. This is the use of different washing programs and loading a 5 kg drum.
- Second, water consumption can be further reduced if you choose a special program – “quick washing.” With this method of washing, the machine will spend about 36 litres of water – this is almost a record. In addition, the quality of the washing does not suffer at all.
Samsung WF60F1R2F2W. An excellent cheap washing machine from a well-known Korean manufacturer. This washing machine has many advantages, one of which can be considered profitability. And, in fact, with a maximum drum load of 6 kg, the machine consumes on average 39 litres of water per wash.
As with German equipment, this model is equipped with the “ultra-fast washing” mode. When used, water consumption is still slightly reduced and amounts to about 35 litres per wash.
Be careful! Korean washing machines save not only water but also energy. The above model of the washing machine belongs to the energy class “A”.
Hotpoint / Ariston AQS1D29. A slightly more expensive model, but at the same time very functional and reliable, of a washing machine of the famous Italian manufacturer. The average water consumption of this machine is 40 litres. However, it can be reduced not only by the “accelerated washing” mode but also by the automatic weighing system of the linen.
With all this, the Hotpoint car /Ariston AQS1D29, during a wash, using the “accelerated washing” program, spends a record volume of 34 litres of water per wash cycle. Okay, a great result!
Siemens WS 10G240 OE. Another “masterpiece” of the German washing machine series Siemens WS. A relatively inexpensive and economic model, consuming an average of 40 litres of water per wash cycle. Washing clothes using the “quick wash” program can still reduce water consumption by up to 37 litres.
Under normal conditions, if we’re not talking about a malfunction, none of the above machines, even with record water consumption, whitens things perfectly and saving water doesn’t affect the quality of the wash. Another thing is that if the user himself, in search of savings, chooses unjustified washing modes for a certain type of linen or loads more laundry into the drum than the maximum load of the drum allows.
When preparing the washing, read the instructions provided with the washing machine. Scrupulously follow the instructions given in the instructions. The quality of the washing and the water consumption of the washing machine will satisfy you.
How can water consumption be reduced during washing?
In order to solve the problem of excessive water consumption by a washing machine, you must first designate it. In other words, you need to know if your car is spending too much water or just looking like it is. What should be done?
- Look in your washing machine’s passport and see how much water it should collect and consume during a wash cycle.
- Choose the most economical washing program available in your machine’s “arsenal” (usually” “quick wash,” “accelerated washing,” “fast 30,” etc.) and note the amount of water used for the water meter.
- Choose the most water-intensive washing program (usually programs related to washing cotton or bulk items) and also note the amount of water spent on the water meter.
- Based on the indicators obtained, calculate the average amount of water consumed by your washing machine.
Be careful! When locating the water consumption of a washing machine, remember to turn off all the taps in the house and the toilet bowl during washing. Otherwise, the calculations would prove to be wrong.
If, as a result of measurements and calculations, you get a value close to that indicated by the manufacturer in the passport (-15 litres), this is normal. So everything is fine with your washing machine, and no action is required. But if the actual water consumption is much higher, say 30 or even 50 litres more than the value declared by the manufacturer, urgent measures must be taken. If you do not violate the terms of the washing machine, this is probably a malfunction, and you should contact a specialist.
For our part, we advise you not to ride yourself in the bodywork. Independent troubleshooting could well prove fatal for the washing machine. It is best not to save on a specialist, and later on the water when a machine malfunction is professionally adjusted. If you still decide to search for and repair the defect independently, check out how to disassemble the washing machine.
In summary, we note that anyone who uses a washing machine needs to know how much water it consumes. This is necessary not only to save on utility bills. Increased water consumption is an indirect sign of a serious malfunction, which can lead to the failure of a home assistant.