The pillow belongs to sleeping accessories responsible for comfort during sleep of the upper body (neck, head, upper spine). Inevitably, the buyer faces the question: which pillow to choose to get the most comfortable rest conditions.
What to consider when buying a pillow?
A good model should have the following properties:
- Provide equal support.
- Have a flat surface without dents and bumps.
- Being hypoallergenic does not cause redness, irritation, and itchy skin.
- Provide a comfortable temperature, take away excess heat.
- It is easy to clean from pollution without changing the shape and its inherent technical characteristics.
- Have a long lifespan.
- Don’t accumulate static electricity.
If you have a question about how to choose a pillow, look at the following indicators:
- Dimensions (for adults optimal sizes 50 x70 cm, for children – 40 x60 cm).
- Height (the most acceptable figures from 10 to 14 cm). This figure depends on the shoulders’ width: the wider the shoulders, the higher the pillow should be). To the hard mattress need a model lower, a soft mattress is used with a higher.
- The shape of the product (roller-shaped with a special note for the head with orthopedic properties, the classic – in the form of a square or rectangle, non-standard samples).
- The degree of surface stiffness (soft, moderate softness, stiff). For people sleeping on the back, it is recommended to choose a low cushion of moderate softness. People sleeping on their sides will be more rigid models. Sleeping on the stomach will arrange a soft small pillow.
- The filler composition – artificial and natural modern materials, largely depend on the quality of sleep, lifespan, orthopedic properties of products. We recommend paying attention to Ascone’s orthopedic pillows.
- Pillow cover.
The fabric of the case should be
- A dense structure to prevent the filler from knocking out.
- Strong and durable to preserve the qualities and properties of the pillow.
- Well cleansed of dust and stains, not do not give shrinkage to preserve an attractive, aesthetic appearance.
- Breathable to create optimal temperature.
Following our recommendations, the question of how to choose an orthopedic pillow will not be too difficult.
Remember that the right pillow – the key to good sleep and excellent well-being for the rest of the day.
Which pillow is better?
The pillow is one of the components of sleeping accessories. Almost all people are used to using litter under the head. In ancient times – it was rectangular wooden stands of the Egyptians, sloping planks of wood from the Japanese, stone, porcelain, metal in the Chinese, down and feather square bags in Europeans, cases with straw and hay in the poor in Russia and Europe.
Currently, orthopedic models from modern synthetic and natural materials are widely available. It is impossible to answer the question of which pillow is better. The product, designed to support the head and neck during sleep, is individually for each because of the physiological features of the person.
Thus, for broad-shouldered men, the most convenient will be high pillows for sleep, for children – small, low size 40 x60 cm. For fans of sleeping on the stomach will suit soft compact models, when resting on the side – you need a hard with the height of the appropriate width, shoulders sleeping on the back, it is recommended to use low products of medium rigidity. The best option is a model of moderate rigidity with sizes of 50 x70 cm.
The rigidity and orthopedics of the product directly depend on the filler, which is made from artificial and plant materials with different technical characteristics and orthopedic indicators. Modern pillows can include:
- Memorex, medical, memoir – a material with memory effect;
- latex – natural and artificial;
- sheep’s wool;
- buckwheat, a shell of rice, herbs, hops;
Which pillows are best to buy?
Which pillow is better? Reviews of our regular customers show that the most popular and effective are models from bulk polyester fiber, Memory Foam, latex.
These models are quite soft, with uniform support of the cervical vertebrae, head, upper spine, quickly relaxing muscles, disposing to a strong, healthy sleep. We recommend you to see the Ascon pillows, the reviews for which are quite positive.
Models of foam and synthesis provide more support.
The moderate rigidity of the model is made of hollofyber, silicone, comfort.
If you can not decide which pillows are better to buy, contact the consultants of the online store “Mr. Matrasy.” We will help you choose the best option, which will suit you on all indicators.
Filler is the material that cushions are made of. On its quality, technical characteristics, operational properties largely depend on the duration of the “life” of the product, its orthopedic and strength indicators.
Thirty years ago, pillows were made mainly of feathers and fluff of birds. These were products that required constant, tedious care, with a short period of use, not retaining the form.
Today, most models are performed on modern technologies taking into account the physiological structure of the body. Pillow filler is a material of plant or artificial origin, which has been carefully selected and tested.
Types of fillers
Modern pillows include the following types of materials:
- Memories (media form, memorial form) with memory form.
- Natural and artificial perforated latex.
- Vegetable material (buckwheat husk, “bumps” hops, a shell of rice, herbs), which has a massage, relaxing effect.
- Artificial fillers: Styrofoam, hollofaiber, synthpop with a fairly rigid elastic surface for people with problems in the musculoskeletal apparatus.
- Sheep, camel wool with warming, healing properties.
- Technogel, volume polyester fiber, preventing the “flow” and “numbness” of muscles.
- Comfogel (softballs of fluffy synthetic fibers), silk, silicone (siliconized fiber from polyester).
- Cotton wool and models of fluff and feather.
The best filler for pillows is the one on which you are comfortable. It should not cause allergies and unpleasant sensations. Let’s dwell on the most popular materials.
Models from Memory Foam
Memories (media form, memorial form) are prevalent. This material has longevity, hypoallergenic, inaturbing, and the ability to adjust to the body’s contours, take the figure’s outlines and provide “weightless” support throughout the rest. Sleeping pillows Memo Relax, Mediflex Medium (10, 11.5 cm), Mediflex Suit, Memo Space, Memory Foam classic are made with the innovative material Memory Foam. Models allow you to take an anatomically correct position, do not exert reciprocal pressure, contribute to rapid muscle relaxation and obtain a strong, healthy sleep.
Natural and artificial perforated latex
Pillows made of natural and artificial perforated latex have proven themselves. The Soft, Middle, Ergo models in our catalog create a soft, comfortable surface, well-relaxing muscles that don’t relive soft tissues. Products have an excellent orthopedic effect, do not cause skin irritation, have a long life.
One modern, innovative material is a technogel (visco-elastic foam, a memory of form). Ascone pillows Technogel Contour, Technogel Anatomic, Technogel Classic Deluxe, Technogel Deluxe, have a three-dimensional deformation, pleasant cooling effect, absolutely adjust to the outlines of the body, which contributes to a strong, calm sleep and a full rest.
Models with buckwheat husk
For fans of exotics and supporters of natural materials are perfect models Edison (adult), Anison (children’s) from buckwheat husks. Products have a micro-massage effect, perfectly relax muscles, normalize blood circulation through the vessels.
Which pillow filler is better? Choose the customer, taking into account his physical condition and well-being. The main goal of any filler is to make staying in bed comfortably and comfortable.
Choosing filler for pillows for pregnant women should be paid to hypoallergenicity and environmental purity of the material.
Exploitation, cleaning, and washing pillows
For orthopedic pillows to last as long as possible, they need proper care. It is less time than cleaning feather pillows, but the basic rules of operation need to know any owner of modern orthopedic products.
Rules for the use of orthopedic pillows
- Products can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner, a soft brush, in a dry-cleaning.
- Once a week, it is necessary to ventilate in the fresh air.
- On pillows, do not jump and do not arrange “fist” fights, especially it concerns children who like to frolic before going to bed.
- To avoid ventilation disruption, the pillows should not be immediately covered with a blanket and blanket but given a few minutes for the opportunity to take the initial form.
As you can see, caring for orthopedic pillows from modern materials is much easier and faster than cleaning down pillows.
How to properly care for pillows?
All orthopedic pillows are equipped with one or even two cases, which can always be removed and washed in a washing machine or by hand. Covers are easily washed in soapy water (up to 40 degrees), do not shed, and do not shrink.
If the main coating is contaminated, you need to know how to wash the pillows and whether all the models are washed:
- Orthopedic pillows of foam, hollofaiber, synthpop, artificial fluff can be washed in warm water, no more than 40 degrees by conventional detergents, which do not contain chlorine and other bleaching products.
- Pillows of buckwheat husks, herbs, hops, rice shells, feathers can not be washed. Models with these materials clean the vacuum cleaner: at the beginning of use – once every two weeks, then at least once a month.
- Latex, PPU, and memory products are not erased either. They are cleaned with a damp sponge and a non-aggressive detergent: the surface is rubbed with a sponge and rinsed with cool water.
Orthopedic sleeping pillows cannot be dried and pressed in washing machines, and iron is also prohibited—dry best between two towels, slightly pressing on the surface. You need to store the products in linen (in no case, not plastic) bags of loose cotton material.
How to wash orthopedic pillows?
The basic conditions of washing orthopedic pillows:
- Washing should be delicate;
- A large amount of water is needed.
- The rinse should be fast;
- mechanical processing (push-up, twisting, shaking) – minimal.
All additional care information you need is provided in the detailed instructions included in the product.
Orthopedic models from modern materials, such as Ascone pillows, are not down products that quickly become unusable. Regular vacuum cleaner cleaning and careful attitude will allow them to have an attractive appearance and original shape for years to come.