The machine allows washing cotton, linen, silk, viscose, synthetic shirts. The optimal temperature is considered to be up to 40 degrees; specific modes are chosen based on the label’s information and the type of fabric. It is recommended to use for machine washing shirts granular means Frau Schmidt Sparhaus, “Big Wash” White Automat, Sarma “Mountain Freshness”, Ariel Automat “White Rose”, BiMax Automat “Freshness of White” or “Freshness of White” or “Laska” gels. White Recovery Effect,” Cotico for white and light laundry, White’s Big Wash, Nordland ECO White.
New shirts and blouses hostess try to wash by hand to keep their attractiveness as long as possible. But when a lot of laundries is going, or there is no time or effort to hand wash, so want to send shirts in the wash. How to wash shirts in the washing machine and whether it is possible to do it, we will understand.
Shirts from which fabric are subject to machine washing
The answer to this question will be received by reading the information on the tag. If there is no such information, or for some reason, there is no label, pay attention to the type of fabric from which the shirt is made:
Washing your shirt in a typewriter
- Cotton, flax blouses are allowed both manual and machine impact. But such products can decrease in the amount of 5% of the original dimensions.
- Silk is good for handwashing at 30 degrees Celsius without soaking. You can wash in the machine only if you have a special program, “Silk.”
- The vast majority of modern machines are equipped with the “Wool” program, which should be used when washing wool jackets and shirts. Such products are not contraindicated and washing by hand.
- Shirts of artificial fabric (fashionable, viscose) can sit down and lose about 7% of the original size. For such linen, it is desirable to use hand washing.
- Synthetics (elastin or elastin, polyester, lycra, polyamide, dacron) perfectly tolerate cleaning in the washing machine.
Before washing your shirts, you need to prepare them for washing. Check out the information posted on the label, which shows all the information on the care of a particular thing.
Before washing, you should read the information on the label
Clean your pockets, button-up, turn, then follow the steps described below.
Shirts and blouses must be grouped: separate white from colour, light from dark. Wash light clothing separately from the colour because when exposed to high temperatures, coloured products can shed. Therefore, it is recommended to put in the washing machine linen of the same colour spectrum.
Before washing shirts and blouses, sort
Also, sort things out by the degree of contamination. Do not wash slightly soiled things with very dirty, which are better to soak first.
Thanks to disguise, pollution is washed away without much difficulty, so in the future, you can use careful modes of washing, which will significantly extend the life of the products.
If the machine is not equipped with a special “Pre-soaking” function, you should manually reproduce this process:
- You’ll need a medium-sized container to soak.
- Fill it with lightly heated water.
- Dissolve in it washing powder, wash gel or washing soap.
- Immerse in a soap solution thing for a period of time from half an hour, depending on pollution level.
The faster to act on the stain, the more chances to get rid of it, as fresh pollution is better to eliminate than old marks, which will have to tinker.
Dirty footprints will help remove:
- Bleachers for white shirts.
- Special stain removers for coloured underwear.
- Solution of the wash (7-10 drops), soda (1 tsp) and washing powder (ordinary amount) on 5 litres of water.
- Dishwashing liquid.
- Household soap – brush with the soft natural pile.
Learn how to get the marks off your shirt
Handling collars, cuffs
Collar, cuffs – the dirtiest areas of the product. On them, at the frequent sock, there are yellow and grey marks, which are deeply absorbed into the fibres. You can clean them up using one of the ways:
Before washing the dirtiest places, it is desirable to handle them in advance.
- Moisturize the problem areas with warm water, rub them with plenty of washing soap. Place for 1 hour in a cellophane bag. After the allotted time, rub the gates and cuffs with light movements. Use a brush when it is heavily contaminated. Then rinse with a lot of water, getting rid of the remnants of soap.
- Mix the stain remover with a little lightly heated water. Process the collar, cuffs, leave for 5-7 minutes, rinse with cool water.
- For lack of other means, use hair shampoo or dishwashing liquid. Dilute with water in equal proportions, apply to areas and leave to be exposed for 30-45 minutes.
Removing sweat marks in the armpit area
The following recipes are effective in fighting sweat divorces and are safe for fabric:
Pour a glass of vinegar into the pelvis with heated water. Immerse the thing, leave for a quarter of an hour. Mix a glass of soda and 1 tbsp salt. To enhance the effect, you can add 10 ml of hydrogen peroxide. Remove the thing from the pelvis, apply the prepared mixture to the problem areas, leave for another quarter of an hour, then remove the residues and rinse thoroughly.
Apply 1 fruit juice to sweat for 35-40 minutes, wash.
Lemon – hydrogen peroxide
Fold the sliced lemon into the pelvis, pour in warm water, dissolve 1 tbsp of hydrogen solution. Leave the shirt in the pelvis for 1 hour, wash and rinse thoroughly.
These same formulations will help remove traces of deodorant.
Table 1. Shirt wash
Name Photos Volume Cost, rub.
Frau Schmidt Sparhaus 400g 100–200
White Automat’s “Big Wash” 400g 100–200
Sarma “Mountain freshness” 400g 50–150
Ariel Automat “White Rose” 450 г 100–200
Vimax Automat “White freshness” 400g 100–200
“Laska” Effect of White Recovery 1 litre 200–300
Contact for washing white and light linen 1 litre 250–350
White’s “Big Wash” 2 kg 350–450
Nordland ECO White 750ml 300–350
Tide “Alpine freshness” 1.82 litres 700–750
Luxus Professional 250 г 100–200
“Big Wash” Oxy Power 450 г 150–250
Vanish Oxi Action “Crystal White” 500 г 150–250
The process of washing by hand
Wash your shirt by hand as follows:
Washing by hand
- Prepare the thing.
- Fill the pelvis with water 30-40 degrees Celsius.
- Dissolve the selected washing line.
- Rub the collar and cuffs with washing soap (if required).
- Soak for a quarter of an hour.
- Wash with light motions; use a brush if necessary.
- Carefully rinse under running water or in a basin, changing water 2-3 times.
Recipes from homemakers for white shirts bleaching.
Machine wash mechanism
How to wash shirts in a washing machine? It’s pretty simple. Fill or pour the necessary amount of washing in a special compartment, put the program, temperature and the number of press clips and start the machine.
Choosing a program
The installation of the mode depends on the type of fabric. For artificial fabric, put the program “Manual washing” or “Thin fabric”, wool and silk wash only on the same modes, synthetic shirts are erased on the modes “Synthetics” or “Synthetics: careful washing.” If the item is pre-soaked or not too contaminated and needs only to refresh, use “Fast Wash” or “Express” mode.
The maximum allowable temperature at which the product can be washed is listed on the label.
Basically, washing shirts do not expose water heating over 40 degrees Celsius to avoid shrinkage, as well as moulting of coloured products.
The push-up should be turned off or put on a minimum speed. At high speeds, the shirt is too multiplied and can deform. It is best to press with squeezing movements without twisting manually.
Do not dry your shirt on a clothesline using clothespins and on heating appliances.
Drying shirts on the shoulders
After washing vigorously, shake the product, hang it on the shoulders, straightening the collar and cuffs.
The second option of drying: spread the thing on a flat horizontal surface, strewn with a terry towel. Turn the thing over periodically, replace the towel with dry.
The room in which the product is dry should have good lighting and air circulation.
Start ironing when the product is still slightly wet.
- If the shirt has dried, use a sprayer or sprayer, which is equipped with some irons.
- Stroke only from the wrong side.
- Set the heat temperature of the iron (the desired mark can be found on the label).
Tip! If you don’t have a label, set a minimum heat temperature.
Some tricks that will save clothes from spoiling will also be useful:
- Return the shine of the silk shirt will help 2 tbsp of vinegar, which must be poured into the powder compartment before washing.
- Silk and atlas categorically do not accept the push-up.
- To wash the white shirt with the picture is only manually in cool water so that the paint print did not water and did not spoil the product.
- To extend the life of the black shirt, purchase a special washing line for black.