Tips for Using the Dishwasher Correctly
The dishwasher is our most important helper in the house. It is a tool that provides us with comfort by taking on most of our load in the kitchen. Washing the dishes in the dishwasher is effortless action. However, did you know that some tricks maximize the efficiency you can get from a dishwasher?
Today, we looked for an answer to the question, “How does the dishwasher work? What should we pay attention to while using it”? You can use your dishwasher more efficiently by including the suggestions we have listed in your life.
If you’re ready, let’s start! Here are the things to consider when using the dishwasher….
How Does Dishwasher Work Most Effectively?
- Choose the Right Program
- Dishwashers have at least 2 programs. The number of programs on the machines produced in recent years is much higher.
- If the dishes are slightly dirty, you should choose the short program.
- If you have placed dishes such as plates, glasses, glass bowls into the machine instead of items with difficult stains such as pots and pans, you can still choose the short program.
- When placing your machine, make sure that the dishes’ dirt levels are close to each other.
- What do we mean?
- Take care not to place lightly soiled dishes and heavily soiled dishes into the machine at the same time.
- If there are dishes with difficult stains such as pots and pans in the machine, I definitely prefer the long program.
- Pre-wash Very Dirty Dishes
- Or do you still wash filthy dishes first by hand and then put them in the dishwasher?
- If you are doing this, you should stop this habit immediately.
- Because in this way, you will waste water and waste time.
- Instead of rinsing the dishes in your hand, you can choose the pre-wash program of the dishwasher.
How to Clean the Dishwasher? 3 Easy Solutions
- Arrange Dishes Correctly
- If you want the dishes to cleanly come out of the machine, you should take care to do the placement correctly and carefully.
- There are also some tricks for installing a dishwasher.
- First of all, you shouldn’t fill the machine too much.
- Because if you overfill it, the dishes may not be cleaned well.
- So how can you be sure that you have overfilled the dishwasher?
- After placing all the dishes, shake the baskets gently.
- If items are hitting each other, you have overfilled the machine. If the dishes do not hit each other, you can now start the machine.
- The spray arm in the dishwasher moves from the centre to the outside.
- They will be washed better if you arrange the dishes with the inner side facing the middle.
- If you randomly put the forks and spoons on the spoon, you should stop this habit as soon as possible.
- Because if you put the forks and spoons according to their type, you can pick them up after washing and put them right in the drawer.
- Place delicate items such as thin glass on the top shelf.
- Because the water pressure is weaker on the top shelf, also, the temperature of the water is less.
- Stop Watering Dishes
- Before placing the dishes in the machine, it is enough to clean the food residues on them with a brush or a napkin.
- If you have the habit of rinsing the dishes, we must say that this is a process that reduces the effectiveness of the dishwashing detergent.
- Clean Your Dishwasher Once a Week
- Did you know that you need to clean your dishwasher often?
- Do not think that it cleans itself while washing the dishes.
- Over time, food residues and grease accumulate inside the dishwasher. This situation causes the dishes not to be cleaned.
- Once a week, remove and clean the filter on the bottom of the dishwasher. Besides, remove the parts where the water is sprayed and clean them thoroughly.
- If you wish, you can use machine cleaners sold in the markets for this job.
- Machine cleaners, which are really practical to use, are generally used every 3 months.
- Use Less Detergent
- Using too much dishwasher detergent will cause glasses to become scratched or foggy.
- If you are having such a problem, you can try using less detergent.
- It is possible to use less detergent in powder and liquid detergents. But what should you do with tablet detergents?
- You can try to use the tablet in two halves.
- By using less detergent, you can also contribute to the family budget.
- Use Polisher
- If you want your glasses and plates to come out of the machine sparklingly, use a rinse aid.
- If you do not want to use chemical cleaning agents, you can choose white vinegar instead of brightener.
- If the water in your area is very calcareous, once in a while, you put a bowl of white vinegar into the machine before starting the machine.
- With this method, you both protect your machine from limescale, and your glasses and plates will shine.
5 Quick & Easy Ways to Open Clogged Sinks
- Don’t Just Wash Your Dishes In The Dishwasher!
- We’re sure this title sounds very strange to you.
- Actually, we mean this; In the dishwasher, you can wash not only dishes but also plastic flowers, kitchen brushes, screwdrivers and similar tools.
- Start from the Bottom Rack First to Unload the Machine
- If you start unloading the machine from the upper rack, water accumulating in or on some dishes may spill into the lower rack.
- In this case, you may have to dry the dishes before putting them away.
- To avoid such a problem, we recommend that you start from the lower rack before unloading the machine.
3 Most Practical Ways to Clean Aspirator Filters
Refrigerator Layout: 7 Steps to a Perfect Result
How to Clean the Dish Sponge? 3 Easy Solutions
7 Smart Ideas to Extend the Life of Your Cast Iron Cookware
How to Clean the Oven? 5 Easy Methods to Get Rid of Oil and Dirt
Kitchen Sink Cleaning – The 4 Most Practical Natural Methods, The Definitive Result
You can find our video recipes on our Youtube channel, which is followed by 3 million people.
With the Yummy Recipes application downloaded by more than 4 million people, more than 700,000 tried recipes are always with you.